Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Trying to run a newly downloaded .exe freezes computer?

...I was trying to run the exe for a demo I just dl'ed (Dragon Age 2 in case you were wondering) but it keeps freezing my computer, not entirely, just causes me to have to ctrl-alt-delete my why out of the folder.



This happened before and I had to system restore to a time when .exes worked. (The last time it happened almost every .exe I dl'ed did the same thing.)

I really dont think its a virus, I could be wrong, Im fairly versed in computer fare but its only through trail and error as needed, no actual attempt to be a master craftsmen.



Is there something else that could be causing this or should I just system restore to the last time .exes worked?Trying to run a newly downloaded .exe freezes computer?
Hi there!!!....

Well did you tried to run the same .exe file on any other system to check if that works...if that works on other system then there could be several reason which doesn't allows the .exe file to execute....to check the same i suggest you to try ALT+CTRL+DEL and go to "Processes" tab and then check the file which is using the highest amount of memory usage in "Mem Usage" column...if you find some other program which is also taking huge amount of memory then this program may be conflicting with your .exe file....apart from that you may try disabling the antivirus(not recommended or novice) and then further run the .exe.... also check if it is using any web application to register your .exe over internet....try disconnecting internet and then run the .exe



hope any of the above suggestions works for you....it is sure to be a hit and trial to find the exact cause of error.....



good luck!!!....Trying to run a newly downloaded .exe freezes computer?
Try system restore

No comments:

Post a Comment