Saturday, March 10, 2012

I need recommendations to a YLOD repair that is reliable and cheaper than Sony?

My 60GB PS3 (which I've had for 4 years) got the YLOD. I do not want to pay Sony $150 to add to the original price of $600 to fix this. I've heard of other people that do this, one looked good but when I went to the link it was expired. If anyone knows of somewhere to send it, please post here.



BUT:

I want a 100% guaruntee that they are what they say they are. Not a chop shop for PS3's. I want to send it in knowing I'll get it back, safe and fixed, without anything gone or tampered with in a negative way. Reliable, trustworthy.



I have MANY hours of save data on there, I'm on the verge of a couple platinum trophies, I don't want that gone. I have many music and videos I transferred from my computer. I have a lot of game data for games, DLC, and the like. And Modern Warfarr 2 is still in the system, as I was playing it when it gave me the YLOD and It is impossible to get it out. I don't want any of this to be gone, ESPECIALLY the save data. I will not redo 100+ hours of Dragon Age.



Please give me a link if you know of a reliable one, any personal experience with them (if you sent it in and got it back and are satisfied), and if you need my e-mail just ask and I will add details to this question with it included.



Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me.I need recommendations to a YLOD repair that is reliable and cheaper than Sony?
You basically got the YLOD or Yellow Light Of Death, its when u turn it on it will flash a yellow light first then beeps twice %26amp; flashes red, And u can fix that without sending it to Sony coz it will cost a lot more. So here's what u need: Heat Gun,liquid flux, Screw Drivers, Heat Sink Compound (white one), some thing that u can use to clean the system and just watch this video from part 1 to 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70SgRDVc鈥?/a>



Fluxing Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZRReDIHT鈥?/a>



I suggest that u should have someone help u to use the tools(if u dont know how to use it).



Ways to prevent YLOD comeback:



- Put the system in "VERTICAL STAND" so it saves space while "Increasing airflow for better heat management."



- Put the system into a place where "nothing is blocking the air vents."





- Turn it off when not in use(or turn on auto shutdown into 1 hour).



- Eject disc when "not" in use.



- Give it a break! don't use it the whole day, 10 hours is the maximum play time that i recommend coz the graphic chip might get too hot that it will cause the system to shutdown.I need recommendations to a YLOD repair that is reliable and cheaper than Sony?
Hi~ you may refer to this article, hope it helps you.



http://www.squidoo.com/tipsonhowtofixps3鈥?/a>I need recommendations to a YLOD repair that is reliable and cheaper than Sony?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
You don't need to post the same stuff twice.
I said this is your other question but I think you should fix it yourself.



Look at this: http://www.ps3repair.net/fixyourps3

No comments:

Post a Comment