Saturday, March 10, 2012

Is my system still good for gaming (many words)?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01616202%26amp;lc=en%26amp;dlc=en%26amp;cc=us%26amp;product=3867469



I'm currently using a ATI RADEON HD 4550 Graphics Card for over a year now and so far I never came across a game that I can't run until I met Dragon Age 2.



Dragon Age 2 runs at Low / Medium / High / Very High Video Settings:



DirectX 9 (Low / Medium)

DirectX 10 (Medium / High)

DirectX 11 (High / Very High)



So far I can run the game very well in DirectX 10 (Medium Settings) while High is a little leggy so I don't. The Very High option is grayed out due to my graphics card not capable of DirectX 11.



I tried to research my GPU and now I understand that



ATI Radeon HD 4000+ Series supports DirectX 10.1 only

ATI Radeon HD 5000+ Series supports DirectX 11 + 3D



The problem is I can't run a 5000 series with my current power supply. Because right now I only realized that my current graphics ATI Radeon HD 4550 requires a 300w power supply. where as my computer's power supply is only 250w. The 5000+ series requires a 400w power supply so I really need upgrade my power supply.



However, I didn't leave the store w/o nothing, I bought a Nvidia GeForce GT 440 (New Release) 1GB GDDR5 and it only requires 300w like my 4550. This card fully supports DirectX 11 as well and then I tried playing Dragon Age 2 and I was SURPRISED.



The Very High Video Settings is now available so I tried running on that settings. The game runs smoothly and the graphics look amazing. However it deosn't change the fact that I'm still running the Graphics Card underpowered because of my 250w PSU. I'm planning to upgrade my power supply to atleast 500w.



This Nvidia Geforce GT 440 runs perfectly already so what if after I upgrade my power supply then return this card and get a much powerful graphics than this GT 440 then will it be better?



I apologize for my terrible way of asking this question but to summarize:



Is it worth upgrading the power supply and getting a much powerful graphics card to play in this SR5710f Computer or should I really need to get a new desktop computer?



The processor is the only thing I'm worrying about for future games but so far I've been satisfied with this AMD Athlon X2 4450e dual core 2.3 GHz CPU.Is my system still good for gaming (many words)?
If you upgrade to faster cards, faster than the GTS 450, your processor would be the bottleneck. Better enjoy your GT 440 to its maximum capability. If you plan to do more serious gaming later, consider a new desktop computer that is configured for gaming right from the start.Is my system still good for gaming (many words)?
read in here http://thearticlecomputer.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment